Our Crawl Space Vapor Barrier System In the greater Boise area
Everything you need for a dry crawl space in Idaho
Typical crawl spaces are moldy, foul-smelling spaces that homeowners avoid at all costs. Many of them flood, and they're often filled with debris left over from when the house was constructed.
In more extreme cases, they can be rotting structures with rodents, animals, and other pests living within.
At Foundation Supportworks of Idaho, it's our job to make sure that your musty crawlspace is transformed into a cleaner, drier, healthier, and more energy-efficient space.
Benefits of our vapor barrier system:
- Fast, Clean Installation
- Patented, Warrantied Products
- Save Money On Utility Bills
- Gain Storage Space
Our crawl space encapsulation services are available in Idaho Falls, Boise, Pocatello and nearby. For a free crawl space repair quote, call or e-mail us today! Our vapor barrier system is even more effective when combined with our crawl space insulation and drainage matting.
Before and After Installing Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
Excess moisture in a vented, dirt-floored crawl space can damage insulation while also causing mold problems.
Heavy-duty moisture barriers used in the encapsulation process transform the crawl space into a dry, clean, energy-efficient part of the house.
Steps to Installing A Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
- Install Airtight Doors & Vent Covers: Sealing your crawl space doors and vents stops the cycle of cold, humidity, and moisture entering from the outside air. However, water can still enter your crawlspace in many ways.
- Remove Any Standing Water Sources: The next step is to eliminate any sources of flooding in your crawl space by installing a crawl space drain and sump pump system. This eliminates flooding water from your crawl space, but moisture can still enter directly through the concrete and floor in the form of water vapor.
- Repair The Structure: If your crawl space is sagging or damaged by prolonged mold and rot, the next step is to install crawl space support jacks to help restore your structure. This will help your floors stay even and stop any structural sagging upstairs.
- Encapsulate & Insulate The Crawl Space: To stop moisture from passing through your floors and porous concrete walls, a crawl space vapor barrier should be installed. A durable liner will allow for servicemen to use the space without damage while transforming your crawl space into usable storage space. This is also the best time to install crawl space insulation on your walls or floors. Installing crawl space drainage matting underneath the crawl space liner will help direct water to the drainage system and sump pump.
- Install A Dehumidifier: Installing an energy efficient, self-draining crawl space dehumidifier will keep your space dry. Our crawl space dehumidifier system includes a filter that removes particles from the air as small as 2 microns. This ensures that your crawl space is protected from mold, dust mites, and mildew damage -- permanently!
Our crews of crawl space contractors are professionally certified at the Basement Systems® International Headquarters in Seymour, CT.
For a free, no-obligation crawl space repair quote, contact us by phone or e-mail today! We work throughout the greater Boise area, including Boise, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Meridian, Nampa, Caldwell, Coeur D Alene, Lewiston, Post Falls, Twin Falls and surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.